Saturday, May 19, 2007

Getting The Most From Your Reading

Is that cup half-empty or half-full? The optimist sees it as half-full, the pessimist sees it as half-empty, and the engineer sees that the cup is twice as big as it needs to be! :-)

This week’s tip for getting the most from your reading might be the single most challenging issue we face when we are seeking guidance. I know it’s a major one for me! I can easily be the kind of person who sees that cup as half-empty, and who’s not very adept at getting out of her own way.

I am not Pollyanna, and I know that challenging circumstances, feeling stuck, and seeking change for a less-than-perfect situation can bring out the negativity in all of us. So, even if we don’t feel “positive”, the question can be framed in a constructive way – one that seeks a solution rather than emphasizing (and reinforcing) the problem. Phrasing the question in a constructive way indicates confidence that useful information will come through in the answer.

· Be Positive
Be positive when framing your questions. Consider the difference between each of these sets of questions:

How come I can’t get my book published?
How can I locate the ideal forum for publishing my book?



Why do I get so fearful, freeze up and get nauseated when I have to speak in public?
How can I improve my ability to speak to groups effectively?



Can you help me understand why I always blow my diet when I’m near my goal?
Can you help me find a way to push on to lose that last 10 pounds?



Why can’t I let my guy call me when he says he will? I always jump the gun and call first.
How can I trust myself and my significant other more and let the relationship unfold?



The first questions all have an air of defeat. The second questions are more confident and show that the questioner believes he/she will be successfully given useful advice.

So instead of asking:

· How come I never …?

· Why can't I …?

· Can you help me understand why I always (screw up, ruin, blow it)…?

Try asking:

· How can I improve my ability to …?

· How can I locate, identify, position myself…?

· Can you help me find a way to (succeed, prosper, manifest)…?

I believe you’ll find more clarity from the answers in your Tarot reading if we approach your questions in a constructive, positive way. When you’re ready to give it a try, give me a call!

Love and peace,

Dona

Destiny Tarot® Copyright 2006 by Dona C. Murphy. All rights reserved.

Experience a Tarot reading with me! Visit:destiny/ Tarot®



Destiny Tarot® Copyright 2007 by Dona C. Murphy. All rights reserved.


No comments: