Friday, May 18, 2007

More Tips on Framing Questions

My first post looked at framing questions from the perspective of personal responsibility for ourselves and our situations in order to benefit from the guidance of a Tarot reading. Today, I'll talk about two more ways of framing questions that open up possibilities and allow guidance to flow.

Keeping Your Options Open: Frame your question to show that you are keeping your options open, rather than those that indicate you have chosen a certain course of action or made a decision ahead of time. For example, when you ask,

“How might I encourage my adult child to move out of the house?” you're asking a question to which you have already decided on one solution – that your adult child must move out.

Instead, consider asking, “What do I need to know (or do) to get along better with my child?” which is more open-ended and doesn’t decide on a specific answer ahead of time. There may be more possibilities for a solution than you've considered, and the guidance that comes may surprise you. Also, this type of question puts the focus on your way of thinking and acting - something over which you have direct control, rather than forcing or influencing the other person's way of thinking and acting.

Level of Detail: There is often a fine line between wording that is too vague and that which is too detailed. While you can certainly ask the tarot for a “general” reading, the answers you receive will also typically be “general”. At the other end of the spectrum is the too-detailed question. Here are three questions on the same topic:

1. How can I improve my relationship situation?
2. How can I divide chores so that Joe will help out around the house?
3. How can I improve the way Joe and I handle housework?



The first question is too general and doesn’t specify what area of the relationship is of interest. The second question is too detailed and looks at only one aspect of the problem. The third question is best because it finds the balance between the two. Include only the details necessary for clarity on what you want to know.

And, if you ask, "what will happen when I speak with Joe on Tuesday April 24th at 2:00 p.m.?"; you may get a specific answer, but without context or some idea of the circumstances surrounding the events, you will probably miss the bigger picture.

These are just some of the suggestions my clients have found useful. I can also help you to frame your questions without wasting your time and money, or asking YOU a lot of questions.



Love and peace,

Dona

Experience a Tarot reading with me! Visit:Destiny Tarot®



Destiny Tarot® Copyright 2007 by Dona C. Murphy. All rights reserved.